Monday, September 2, 2013

Jumping on the Blog Bandwagon

I know I'm about 10 years late, but I've decided to start a blog. For many reasons, but the main ones are keeping up with the stories of my kids and giving my out-of-town family/friends a peek into our life. I haven't done the best job recording stories/ dates for my babies. I haven't even finished their baby books yet. (Shame on me... I know) I honestly feel like a blog is the easiest way in this chaotic season to keep track of the little moments. I also love that my out-of-town family can get a peek into our home. I wish I could talk to everyone a little more.

My plan is to do a week in review giving some pictures and stories of exciting things that happened. Some weeks may have more than others depending on what we do. I really hope I keep up with this because it will be fun to look back on. Life with a 6 month old and 2.5 year old is very busy and I want to remember it all!

I might add some Mommy tips. I know I haven't been a mom that long, but I jumped on the kid train a lot quicker than my friends from high school and college. I would love to help out and give some tips based on my experiences. Plus, I LOVE talking about mommy stuff. Pregnancy, nursing, newborns, babies, toddlers, and how to survive it all. It's my favorite topic and one where my heart is.

So here is this week in review:


Miss Clara Jane is everywhere and she isn't even crawling yet! She rolls all over the house and has started scooting a little. She really loves to roll over to her brother and play with his toys. I love this picture of her so much. She's getting so big!


Landin's favorite activity is playing with the hose. He waters (more like drowns) my flowers, washes the windows, the sidewalk, and his playground. Anything and everything. We've had to really talk about how we don't get water inside the house or on people with dry clothes. This picture he's just told me "It's raining!" (photo taken by Sarah :) )


We started feeding Clara solid foods a couple weeks ago. She has just gotten the hang of it. At first, she spit out everything I put in her mouth. Now she starts fussing when I haven't put food in her mouth fast enough. So far she's eaten bananas with oatmeal, peas, pears, sweet potatoes, and apples.


I LOVE this picture of the two of them. They really love each other and their relationship is growing. It makes my heart burst.


Landin has recently been obsessed with wearing Brian's socks around the house. He gets them out of the drawer and puts them on all by himself. He thinks he is the coolest.


I just started bathing the two of them together and I love it. It makes life a little easier, especially if Brian is working late. They love it too. Landin asks if he can take a bath with his baby. This week got a little interesting when Clara pooped in the water. I hadn't washed either of them yet, so I quickly yanked them out and moved them into my tub. Landin thought this was hilarious and kept saying "Clara, that's gross!"


I can't not talk about what happened at Elevation Church over the past 2 weekends. Over 3,300 people were baptized!!! I get emotional just typing that out. The life change stories were so awesome. I loved seeing the seats in the auditorium clear out as people obeyed God's call to get baptized. There were people in wheelchairs, families, couples, young, old, so. many. people! My favorite part was watching dad's lead their families. You can watch the sermons at www.elevationchurch.org.



Ok, I have to take a moment and brag on my husband. He and his awesome team BUILT the water projector. Not only did they build it, but did it overnight. It was seriously one of the coolest things I've seen and an awesome way to watch baptisms.



We ended the weekend with our friends, the Kingdons and Hursts, for a cookout. It was fun to talk about how much our life had changed in the last 3 years. Here is a picture of all our kids at the end of the night. Half of them are in their pj's. :)

2 comments: