Friday, September 13, 2013

Clara Jane- 7 months

I cannot believe that we are already here. It seems like yesterday she was so tiny and slept the entire day. I love this age so much though because her personality is starting to shine.

Weight: 17 lbs 2 ounces
Clothing Size: 6 months, starting to fit into 6/9 month
Sleeping- She takes 2 naps a day. She's put down to bed between 630-7 and wakes up between 7-8. She STILL wakes up at least twice at night. I'm blaming the sleep interruptions on teething for now. Since she's cut the 2 teeth over the last week, I'm hoping she will sleep better.

New This Month:
- Cut her first 2 teeth (bottom, center)
- Started eating solid foods
- Scooting up to toys
- Falls asleep on her own if I leave her in her bed
- Baths with big brother
- Swinging at the park
- Sits up on her own for a good bit
- Can pick up and eat puffs

Fun things
Clara has the sweetest heart. I can already see it. She is still loves to snuggle and I rock her to sleep as much as I can. She really loves Landin. She loves to watch him, touch him, play with him. She just sees him and smiles. Clara is also very calm and flexible. She will sleep anywhere and doesn't fall apart if her schedule is off. I guess that goes with being the second child, but she is very "go with the flow," which I appreciate. I think she's going to be more like her daddy. :)

This month we started feeding her solid foods. The first week, she had the hardest time figuring out what she was doing. She didn't like the taste or the spoon. Nothing stayed in her mouth and everything ended up all over her and the floor. Then finally, she figured it out eating sweet potatoes and loved it. Now she opens her mouth up for me and knows when we sit in the high chair what to expect. She has liked everything I've made her so far. She does favor the fruits, but who doesn't!

Last month, Clara started rolling and this month we've moved to scooting! I better really start getting things baby proofed again because I don't think it will be much longer before she crawls. She gets up on all fours and will fall, but she picks up her feet and pushes herself forward to a toy she wants. She's very determined. It's so fun watching her develop.

Here are some pictures from this month: 





















Happy 7 months, sweet girl! Mommy and Daddy love you very very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment