Tuesday, October 8, 2013

9/30-10/6

Well, the past two weeks have been a bit challenging. Landin got sick and Clara has been teething again. Our AC went out and we had to go stay at my parents house for a few days, and all this happened while Brian was out of town. Whew! But we made it! Brian fixed the AC and saved us $700. YES! Landin is doing much better, Clara is starting to sleep again, and Brian shouldn't be going out of town for the rest of the year. PRAISE! :)

Landin has really started talking and forming thoughts. He has conversations between his toys. He can say complete sentences and seems to understand what I tell him. Although, if he is telling me a story about something in the past, it always takes place last year. "I took a nap last year." or "Last year I ate my food all gone." My favorite thing is that he's finally started saying "love you" back. I'm sure he doesn't understand it fully yet, but it melts my heart to hear. 

Clara is a serious mover now. She can pretty much get any where she wants. This week she finally pulled herself up from on the floor to a sitting position. She loves her brother's toys and prefers to play wherever he is playing. Landin isn't always fond of this, but he's getting better about taking turns. He's starting to get a little bossy with her, which I think is common for the oldest. For example if she has a toy he doesn't think is appropriate for her, he tells her "No ma'am, Clara. I will get you a baby toy." Ha! 

 I know I have posted a hundred pictures of me rocking Clara, but I can't get enough of it. I wish I could freeze this moment.

Landin turned into a little daddy for a few days. He took his kitty to the store, fed him, changed his diaper, and put him down for a nap. Sweet sweet boy!

Every morning when I come downstairs I find one of the babies snuggling with daddy. Melt my heart.

My dad is the best Pappy ever. So grateful for the amazing father he was to me and now Pappy to my kids. They are very lucky to have him!

 Family picture playing in Landin's "boy house" on his playground. Clara looks scared! Ha :)

Brian and I finally got a date night this week! He took me shooting. This is definitely a favorite hobby of his but I had never done it before. Honestly, I was terrified. I thought my heart was going to beat out of my chest, but I did it! Don't come breaking in my house! Momma bear will get you!

 Love this great, Godly, man. Love how he loves me so much. Love how he works tirelessly to provide for our family. Love what an amazing father he is to my babies. Love his heart for the Lord and the church. Love how he can do anything he puts his mind to like fixing our AC. So thankful he's mine. We celebrate our 4 year anniversary this week!

 Took the babies on a walk in the nice weather. They both look so big.

 Landin loves to ride his bike with Brian in the alley. He wants to do anything Brian does.

 So glad we have a swing set! This girl LOVES to swing!

 First play time after being sick.

 Sink bath at Nana's! Love my sweet girl.
Landin loves to play at Nana and Pappy's. He actually told me earlier in the week "I want to go to Nana's. I like her." My parents live on a lot of land and he just runs and runs. It was a great place to grow up and now a great place to bring my babies!

1 comment:

  1. So hard to believe it has been 4 years! Look at the two beautiful babies you have created in that short amount of time!!! Love you guys and miss you always!

    ReplyDelete