Saturday, September 26, 2015

Soccer Mom Status.

Playing catch up on life. Once school gets rolling every thing goes so fast. So here are a few updates on the Pooles.


Landin started playing soccer! I have been so excited for him to play team sports. I honestly can't get over that he's old enough to do this. Different phase of our life has begun where we get to spend our Saturdays on ball fields. It makes me really happy. I am the most obnoxious mom out there yelling at Landin and taking a bazillion pictures. You can tell it's my first kid playing sports, but I don't even care. I can't keep a smile off my face while he plays.



Landin does really well running after the ball and kicking it. I have never played soccer before, but we are figuring out the rules together. We finally have mastered not touching the ball! Ha ;) Right now we are working on stealing the ball away from the other team. He has a hard time being aggressive out there, which make me laugh because he can be pretty aggressive with his sister. I'm sure after a few weeks he will figure it out! Last weekend was his first game and he rocked it!



Also last weekend, Brian's dad came into town and brought the kids new bikes. The were ecstatic! For some reason it made them look so much bigger to me! Clara kept telling us she was a big girl on her big girl bike. It was the sweetest.



The past week was muffins for mom at the kids school and I had to miss it. It broke my whole entire heart. I won't lie, I cried. BUT my brilliant friend Lindsay suggested I make muffins with the kids the night before and send them in. So that's what we did and Brian joined the kids on the actual day. I think it went well! Brian said they didn't even ask for me. Whew.



                


The kids also had school pictures done this past week and they were AMAZING! I love eCadamy so much, yall! These people bless us in so many ways. Thankful to be a part of a staff that does this for their people!!






Nursing school update: I'm just finished our first round of exams and am headed into the second. I have done really well grades wise, but it is absolutely exhausting! Really miss hanging with the kids too. It's so hard balancing everything. BUT I'm really enjoying being in the hospital this semester. I'm on the oncology/hematology floor on Tuesdays and then Levine Children's Hospital on Thursdays. I REALLY loved working in Pediatrics! Excited to see how the OB rotation goes starting next week. Can't wait to see where the Lord places me next year!

I've been reading this scripture out loud every morning before school from James 1: 2-8: " Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double minded and unstable in all they do."

Things I love about this scripture: it reminds me what persevering gives me, maturity and completeness. Yep, I want those. It tells me that when I need wisdom all I have to do is ask and he will give GENEROUSLY to ALL. I love how that is worded. I don't have to do anything but ask in full faith and he will give me the wisdom I need. Nursing school requires a lot of wisdom, y'all. Like actual wisdom from the books. More than I have. I pray this every single time I study. If you think I get good grades on my own, you are very mistaken. It also says at the end that those who don't have faith when asking are double minded and unstable in all they do, opposite of what I want. I want life of stability, so when even when I'm scared I'll choose to trust in Jesus.

So there you have it, friends. Update on life. Sorry it ended up being so long :)

1 comment:

  1. loved catching up on your life! and that you're blogging again! xo!

    ReplyDelete